The Physiology of the Fetal Cardiovascular System
Click below to access your content. Once you have successfully completed this course your certificate will become available at the top of this page and on your My Certificates page.
Credit/contact hours: 1.0
Estimated time to complete: 60 Minutes
Publication Date: March 14, 2019
Expiration date: March 14, 2022
Understanding the physiology of the fetal cardiovascular system is an important part of diagnosing fetal CHD. In this lesson, you will be introduced to an overview of fetal circulation and how it differs from post-natal circulation. The function of the fetal shunts and the physiologic principles that govern blood flow and oxygenation will also be discussed.
You Will Learn
- Explain basic echocardiography techniques for the fetal cardiovascular system
- Identify congenital heart disease in utero
- Discuss maternal and placental conditions affecting the fetal cardiovascular system
- Detail methods of detection and perinatal management of fetal arrhythmias
- Identify associated genetic abnormalities with CHD