New Fetal Cardiology Online Series
Congenital heart disease (CHD) is the leading cause of infant morbidity and mortality from birth defects. In Virginia alone, there are 100,000 births per year resulting in 800 cases of congenital heart disease with almost 400 babies having severe disease that requires intervention during infancy. Sonographers and obstetricians are on the front line for detecting CHD prenatally. These modules focus on improving CHD detection rates in maternal fetal medicine offices through fetal cardiac screening processes. Topics include the physiology of the fetal cardiovascular system, CHD of the left heart, and CHD of the right heart.
Critical Congenital Heart Disease: Newborn Screening
Two learning exercises covering newborn screening for CCHD are available at NewbornScreeningEducation.org. One exercise, CCHD MOC Part 2, is specifically for physicians and offers MOC credit; the other, Critical Congenital Heart Disease, is appropriate for nurses and other healthcare providers. Please visit the site for more information.
Welcome to CardioVillage!
CardioVillage provides continuing medical education (CME) credit in cardiovascular medicine.
* Learn about issues in cardiology, cardiovascular disease, angiography, electrocardiography, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, preventive cardiology, interventional cardiology, hypertension, arrhythmias, cardiac catheterization, and cardiac imaging.
* Superb medical imagery found on the site includes angiograms, electrocardiograms (ECGs), echocardiograms, nuclear scans, hemodynamic pressure tracings, MRI scans, and heart sounds.
* Content is located in the topic areas shown above: Coronary Artery Disease, Echocardiography, Preventive Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology. Learning content is presented in a variety of formats including pretests and posttests, cases, tutorials, literature reviews, and medical board reviews.
Registration is FREE, and provides:
- Access to over 70 hours of highly interactive CME credit in cardiovascular medicine for FREE
- CME credits are automatically tracked for you
- Printable CME certificates acknowledging receipt of your credits from the University of Virginia School of Medicine, an ACCME accredited provider
In 2017, CardioVillage will embark upon a series of technology, learning content and community engagement innovations in response to the evolving needs and demands of our learner audience. We’ll be creating new, premium content, updated learning activities and interactive features for engaging with the cardio community.
We want YOU to be part of our community, provide feedback and support, and contribute to make sure we can continue to meet your needs. Here’s how you can help today:
- CardioVillage will be sending a survey to many of you, asking for your input as we shape our future – please take a moment to respond! In addition, we will be asking you a short series of questions as you claim your CME this fall.
- Feel free to contribute by clicking the button above – and help CardioVillage get a head-start on creating important changes to our healthcare community.
With almost a half million AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ claimed since 2000, CardioVillage has made a significant impact in cardiovascular education. We look forward to providing our learner audience with the most comprehensive, targeted cardiovascular education offerings for years to come.
TEAM-A: The Evolution of Anticoagulation Medicine
TEAM-A is an innovative educational collaboration designed to provide clinical education to prevent stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation. To access the TEAM-A toolkit and other educational resources, please visit www.teamanticoag.com