Quality Improvement: Analyzing the Test of Change
Click below to access your content. Note you must complete both the course content and the evaluation survey in order to claim your certificate. When you have completed the course content, please return to this page and click on the Claim Survey link below to access your certificate. Once you have successfully completed this course your certificate will become available at the top of this page and on your My Certificates page.
Credit/contact hours: .25
Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
Publication Date: Nov 6, 2019
Expiration date: Nov 6, 2022
In this module, we will describe a basic approach to analyzing quality improvement (QI) data. The first step is to prepare your data for analysis. We examine how to use bar chart, histograms, and run or control charts to discover patterns and important outcomes of your test of change. We use examples of QI tests to illustrate the underlying principles.
You Will Learn
- Describe the steps involved in analyzing a test of change
- Describe how to debrief change participants
- Describe common descriptive methods for summarizing test of change data
- Describe the role of run and control charts to interpret tests of change
- Analyze a test of change (case study)