Alternative Echocardiographic Modalities
Click below to access your content. Once you have successfully completed this course your certificate will become available at the top of this page and on your My Certificates page.
Credit/contact hours: .25
Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
Publication Date: October 2, 2018
Expiration date: October 1, 2021
The purpose of this course is to introduce the reader to ultrasound modalities not commonly utilized by anesthesiologists and intensivists but which can still be valuable in the perioperative period (e.g. transthoracic echocardiography, epicardial ultrasound).
Please note this course includes a Reference section. For accurate completion status, you MUST review the reference section.
You Will Learn
- Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
- The four standard TTE “windows:” parasternal, apical, subcostal, and suprasternal
- Epicardial Echocardiography (ECE)
- Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE)
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Esophageal Doppler Monitoring (EDM)