Quality Improvement: Analyzing the Test of Change
In this module, we will describe a basic approach to analyzing quality improvement (QI) data. The first step is to prepare your data for analysis. We examine how to use bar chart, histograms, and run or control charts to discover patterns and important outcomes of your test of change. We use examples of QI tests to illustrate the underlying principles.
You will learn:
- Describe the steps involved in analyzing a test of change
- Describe how to debrief change participants
- Describe common descriptive methods for summarizing test of change data
- Describe the role of run and control charts to interpret tests of change
- Analyze a test of change (case study)
Author(s): John D. Voss, MD
Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes
Credit hours: .25
Method and Medium: Learners participate in the interactive learning modules by correctly answering multiple choice questions dispersed throughout. Learners will be prompted to try again if a question is answered incorrectly.